Title: Portfolio Manager,
Reports to: Director of Business Development & Marketing Strategy
Position Status: Full-time Employee
Location: Juba. South Sudan
Buena Suerte Ltd, Buena Suerte is a multidisciplinary company, consulting, Research and data management agency. We provide high quality technical expertise and management services to assist policy makers and practitioners in achieving their goals. We lead the way in capacity strengthening on agriculture & agri-business enterprises, community development, financial management, project planning & management, Community Based Disaster Risk Management, Leadership and Management. Buena Suerte Company Limited is fully registered with ministry of Justice and constitutional affairs and chamber of commerce, industry & agriculture.
The Buena Suerte Training Program aims to prepare trainees to become specialist and skilled who integrate their knowledge of the relevant sectors with their mastery of procedural skills to deliver highly professional care to the wider community.
The Portfolio Manager’s main responsibilities are the development and monitoring of a strong investment portfolio that will enable Buena Suerte Ltd. to reach long-term impact investment goals. In collaboration with other members of the Portfolio team s/he will be responsible for building the pipeline of enterprises that meet the investment criteria of current and future funds administered by Buena Suerte Ltd Pipeline enterprises will include, but are not limited to, 1) Training across all practical capacity areas including project management, supply chain, specialized workshop in HR, DEI etc, 2) Targeted capacity building through coaching and mentoring of all cadres of professionals, 3)Providing consultancies across all areas of programming in SSD, 4) Offering social programming partnerships i.e. programming contracts and sub-grants & 5) Supply of goods
The Portfolio Manager will collaborate closely with key internal & external stakeholders to introduce investment products to potential pipeline enterprises and cultivate relationships with qualified candidates. S/he will conduct due diligence on investment candidates and structure investments. S/he will be responsible for the execution/disbursement of investments and the subsequent portfolio monitoring and reporting.
Buena Suerte Ltd. is in a start-up phase, and the Portfolio Manager position will evolve quickly as the team grows and priorities change. The candidate must be highly adaptable to change and willing to play a variety of roles. S/he should be comfortable working remotely from other team members, including across borders.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with all members of the Buena Suerte Ltd. team on the design of investment strategies for Buena Suerte Ltd. investment funds.
- Contribute to the development of national-level investment plans in target geographies including identification and analysis of priority sectors for investment.
- Monitor regulatory environments and assess eligibility of different types of enterprises.
- Contribute to the development of policies and processes for Buena Suerte Ltd. investment, investee reporting, portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and compliance.
- Track investment pipeline in assigned geographies and sectors to ensure alignment of capital needs with fundraising activities.
PortfolBSI_Fort Folio Manager_Finalio Development
- Develop investment pipeline for Buena Suerte Ltd. funds through the identification of potential investees, marketing of Buena Suerte Ltd. investment products and cultivation of relationships.
- Prepare appraisal reports and investment proposals.
- Present eligible investments to the Director of Portfolio Development and eventually the
- Buena Suerte Ltd. Suerte Ltd. Investment Committee.
- Ensure appropriate currency risk management through currency hedging contracts on proposed investments.
- Lead finalization of investment documents by working closely with investees and legal counsel.
- Working with Buena Suerte Ltd. Suerte Ltd. Operations Department, ensure timely disbursement/investment of funds including satisfaction of conditions precedent and local regulatory requirements.
- Assess the need for technical assistance that would strengthen an enterprise’s status as a prospective investee.
- Coordinate with the Technical Assistance Manager to support the delivery of technical assistance to prospective investee enterprises.
- Working closely with Suerte Ltd. Investment staff, manage relationships with investees.
- Collect and analyze investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk levels.
- Monitor and report country risk in assigned investment geographies.
- Identify high risk investments and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations team to ensure effective and timely communications of the progress and impact of the investment portfolio.
- Coordinate with the local Investment staff to ensure local regulatory, tax and reporting compliance in investment geographies.
Department & Team Management
- Potential future opportunities to supervise Portfolio Analyst(s) and/or local Investment Officers.
Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Support
- Represent Buena Suerte Ltd. Suerte Ltd. to sector stakeholders.
- Participate in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio updates.
- Provide content for concept notes and proposals to potential investors.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise communications.
- Outstanding client relationship development and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of Excel proficiency – the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple audiences.
- Proactive problem solving attitude.
- MBA or Master’s degree in development economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance/microfinance/social investment, preferably in East Africa, South Sudan context is preferred
- Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities in microfinance institutions and/or other enterprises in developing countries.
- Experience in the water and sanitation sector preferable.
- Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
- Familiarity with legal documentation common to debt and equity transactions.
- Familiarity with foreign exchange currency hedging preferable.
- Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, cover letters and updated CVs with at least three reference with their telephone and email contacts. Address your application to; Human Resources Department, Buena Suerte Ltd. Located in Atlabara, Opposite University of Juba, 21st Street. Next to the Mosque. For Further information, or how to apply, please reach out on email to email@example.com in copy to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly on subject: Application for the Position of Director of Business Development & Marketing Strategy – Juba
Closing date for receiving application is; December 24th, 2021, 5PM.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted and documents once submitted WILL NOT be returned to the candidates
I wish to be part of the team.
Am a Degree Holder in procurement and logistics, doing some part-time job as a trainer for business entrepreneurs with WPDI.
any vacancy apart from what was advertised.
Looking forward to hear from you and ready to start the job at any time.
Currently the open positions are the ones advertised. Please, keep our website as in the future we shall advertise other positions that may interest you.
Thank you for your interest working with Buena Suerte