Position Title: Director of Business Development and Marketing Strategy
Position Location: Juba, South
Status: Full time contract
Reports to: Executive Director
Language: Fluency English (Written & Oral) Arabic and/or Local Languages an asset
Buena Suerte Ltd, Buena Suerte is a multidisciplinary company, consulting, Research and data management agency. We provide high quality technical expertise and management services to assist policy makers and practitioners in achieving their goals. We lead the way in capacity strengthening on agriculture & agri-business enterprises, community development, financial management, project planning & management, Community Based Disaster Risk Management, Leadership and Management. Buena Suerte Company Limited is fully registered with ministry of Justice and constitutional affairs and chamber of commerce, industry & agriculture.
The Buena Suerte Training Program aims to prepare trainees to become specialist and skilled who integrate their knowledge of the relevant sectors with their mastery of procedural skills to deliver highly professional care to the wider community.
The Director of Business Development and Marketing Strategy will manage several projects, so project management credentials and experience, as well as management of international development projects is essential. The Director must be a risk manager and have the ability to prepare others when there is uncertainty. They will have the ability to manage diverse expectations and a willingness to take the first step to inspire others to follow. The Director will see obstacles as opportunities everywhere and a trigger for change. The Director will have a mixed background across industries as the best ideas emerge when different views collide. The Director will need to invest sufficient time in managing internal and external communications, as innovative projects will set reports out of their comfort zones. Communicating to inspire and motivate others with a clear vision is essential.
- Actively collaborates with the leadership team to develop and implement a comprehensive business development, fundraising and marketing strategy.
- Develops and implements a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper relationships with key funders, stakeholders and government.
- Maintains extensive knowledge and awareness of current market and political developments.
- Develops and implements effective outreach strategies that balance company’s growth and stakeholder requirements.
- Develops, seeks and collects ideas from a wide variety of sources – taking care of the collection, evaluation and selection of these ideas.
- Searches for innovative and out-of-the-box approaches improves processes.
- Responsible for spearheading new projects and applications.
- Manages staff in a respectful and engaging manner.
- Responsible for the strategic orientation, including an analysis of the opportunities, risks, strengths and weaknesses, as well as the derivation of important issues and trends of the future, as well as their impact on the company
- Coordinates all process steps and tasks and is responsible for achieving the project objectives.
- Responsible for the development and execution of all revenue-generating proposals, then handing it over to the operational business, specifically the manager responsible for the project life-cycle.
- Plays an essential role in the project life cycle relative to technical questions and manages feedback such as issues that arise in country.
- Examines whether a project is worthy of submitting/funding, submits it for funding and manages the proces
- Responsible for all proposals with a goal to select and prioritize the right projects so that the maximum value and success can be derived from the limited resources.
- Measures the achievement of the innovation strategy and goals and initiates corrective measures in the event of deviations.
- Allocates resources and sets up teams, shaping a long-term capability.
- Manages the process and monitoring the progress of the various ongoing initiatives.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in:
- Marketing and business development, including international development experience and managing and stewarding relationships with multiple funding sou
- Strategic planning and execution, and
- Management and supervisory experience related to managing complex business development teams and bids.
- Master’s degree in Economics, marketing, international development /affairs, international business, strategy or related fields.
- Certified Fundraising Executive project practitioner is considered an asset.
- Familiarity and experience with co-operatives is an asset.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- A successful track record in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record overseeing business development as evidenced by contributions to organizational revenue and growth through competitive bidding process.
- Exceptional skills in establishing relationships, negotiating and influencing others.
- An active network of business and professional contacts.
- Open to new ideas and concept in the international development world.
- Open to building on a project’s success to upscale or bring new ideas.
- Strong business development skills, preferably in the international development field.
- Strong project management skills, given to the scope, complexity and interdisciplinary nature of the work.
- Demonstrated mature judgement, critical thinking and team-building skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, cover letters and updated CVs with at least three reference with their telephone and email contacts. Address your application to; Human Resources Department, Buena Suerte Ltd. Located in Atlabara, Opposite University of Juba, 21st Street. Next to the Mosque. For Further information, or how to apply, please reach out on email to firstname.lastname@example.org in copy to email@example.com indicating clearly on subject: Application for the Position of Director of Business Development & Marketing Strategy – Juba
Closing date for receiving application is; December 24th, 2021, 5PM.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted and documents once submitted WILL NOT be returned to the candidates